I am writing this Review on Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 4 after using it for full 7 days. It’s a mid-section smartphone with variety of features and looks quite stylish at first look and is an upgraded version of the Redmi Note 3.
On first look the handset looks trendy, classic and compact with a soft touch metal matt finish in the back and is lightweight. Inside the box you get a few documents, a sim injector pin, a micro-USB cable and a compact wall charger and yes no headphones.
Phone has classic metallic back and curved edges that offer a great grip. The phone is quite slim and looks stylish on hands. It’s easy to hold and feels sturdy. The size is just perfect to hold and fits very well in the palm and one-handed usage isn’t an issue. The screen is buttery smooth and easy to use.
Display and Usage
Phone has vibrant colorful display with 5.5inch screen and is great for enjoying movies, games and reading e-books. The curved glass on top certainly brings in a premium feel. It has a speaker grille at the bottom, along with a Micro-USB port for charging and data transfers. The power and volume buttons are placed on the right and are easy to access.
- Customize your Display- It has a range of convenient customization options. You can switch warm and cool colours. There is a Reading mode (a blue light filter) that automatically changes the colour tint at night time and makes it easier to read text and reduces the stress on eyes.
- Fingerprint sensor is fast. The fingerprint sensor falls exactly in the range of the pointing finger while you’re holding the phone and is spot-on for unlocking the phone with one touch.
- Phone working is very smooth and opens apps fast. Sound during conversation is crystal clear and the loudspeaker is also quite okay
- Comes with an inbuilt remote control. You can now control all your electric appliances that work with a remote using Mi Remote. The infrared sensor is responsive. Will work effortlessly with your AC, TV and set-top box.
- No Heating Issues. A huge relief is that this phone does not heat up. Even after playing games for hours this phone warms little but does not heat.
- Slim built and smooth.
In one word the camera is Good rather is pretty good! It can capture crisp pictures with minor details and colors quite well. The camera is easy to use and comes with a variety of options like filters; beautify effects, and a manual mode to edit the picture and exposure settings. Day light pictures come out pretty well. With effort even the low-light images turn out to be pretty good.
This front camera features a beauty mode where you can make your face slimmer and skin cleaner and selfies. Yet I must say that the overall quality of the front camera is just average.
The battery life is quite impressive and the phone easily lasts a day on a full charge if you are a heavy user and will last pretty well for a day and a half for medium. Once charged I used it for 24 hour and using the internet for most of the time, wifi, mobile data, calls, and hotspot on for most of the time, played games for half an hour and still 27% of battery charge remaining.
To Buy or Not to Buy?
This is the best all-rounder you can ever get at this price level. Its stylish, lightweight, compact, comes with a great camera, excellent battery life, is easy to use and caters to almost all your needs. To be very frank I satisfied with my purchase of Redmi Note 4. Till now I haven’t seen a major glitch. Yes Camera ain’t a spectacular but still very good.
All I can say is – Buy this phone for sure you won’t be disappointed!