We are a couple of months away from running our eyes on Apple’s newest, most powerful, most advanced and possibly the best looking iPhone since its debut 10 years ago. Dubbed iPhone 8, it is the most anticipated smartphone of this year and will, in all likeliness, rob the limelight off every other launch before or after it.
Predictions about the device are coming from everywhere and are literally going haywire. Only yesterday, we reported that the next flagship from Apple will not have the Home key while the screen integrated fingerprint sensor is more or less confirmed. Today, though, that seems only half true.
KGI analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, has made 10 predictions about the upcoming iPhone, as well as iPhone 7S and 7S Plus, and these are considered to be the most accurate of everything we have heard so far.
1. The screen size of the OLED equipped iPhone will be 5.8 inches (or could be a bit smaller at 5.2 inches) while the LCD panels of 7S and 7S Plus will remain at 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches respectively.
2. Being the most radical-looking of the three, the OLED iPhone will have a screen dominant front side and it is said to get the highest screen to body ratio compared to every other smartphone in existence today. Which means thinnest (or zero) bezels ever seen at the sides while having the least amount of bodywork visible at the top and bottom as well. Also, it is now being said that the device will not actually have the screen integrated biometric sensor because of certain technical challenges that would delay its production much further. And while there will be a virtual Home button, it won’t have the fingerprint sensor either.
3. Instead, there will be a face recognition system through the all-new front 3D camera. This also means that the picture quality of the front camera will be much improved.
4. The OLED iPhone and the 7S Plus will come with 3 GB of RAM while the smallest 7S model will have 2 GB. Trust Apple to still make them some of the fastest devices around.
5. All three phones are said to come with only two storage options – 64 GB and 256 GB.
6. The unique Lightning Port will be there, however, there will be a USB-C port as well.
7. The OLED iPhone will have a better combination of more powerful speaker and receiver for overall better audio output.
8. The OLED version will come in limited color options to keep it truly unique from the other two iPhones.
9. While all three iPhones can be expected to be revealed at the same time in September, the actual release date of the OLED iPhone will follow the LCD iPhones. The months of October or November are the safest predictions for now.
10. It is expected that by the end of 2017, all three iPhones combined will be shipped in numbers of 80 to 85 million out of which 50 percent shall be the flagship model.
These are the most informed predictions that have ever come out about the next iPhone. It would be interesting to see how much of this comes out to be true or if Apple is still going to surprise us.
News source: tech.sina.com